Everyone has to have their identity. Everyone wants to be known as something. The singer, dancer, or the funny kid. It seems like people who are insecure take something that they do and act like it is huge, and they brag about it a lot. People who are not insecure rarely talk, and brag about all of their accomplishments. For example, my friend Candace is so incredibly amazing at running. She can run a 5k in 18 minutes, with 6:15 min. miles! (for those of you who don't know, THAT IS REALLY FAST!) She got second at state, and wins tons of races. I have never heard her brag about what a great runner she is. She is so humble about it, and doesn't even think that she is that amazing.
There are some people who have to make such a big deal about all the cool stuff they do. I don't really like to be around these people. I feel sort of dumb listening to all of their great accomplishments for hours. People like this usually make other people who didn't make the thing they did, or who are not as good as they are feel lousy. They have to rub it in that they are cooler, or better than you. For example in Rhapsody some of the people in our choir totally rub it in that they made it and others didn't. Not a lot of people just a few. They even got the brilliantly mean idea that their should be a Rhapsody table. Someone got the idea that they should make a sign that says "reserved" and put it on a table at lunch. Nothing really came of the idea, but one day a bunch of people from Rhapsody were sitting at the same table and someone came up and asked if they could sit there. Someone (I don't remember who), said "this table is for Rhapsody only." Even though they were probably just joking this was still a mean thing to do.
I really hate clicks! I don't really understand why people can only be friends with certain other people. Clicks are totally retarded! What would it be like if everybody was basically nice to each other. If people didn't worry about appearances so much. It would be so cool if everyone didn't gossip all the time, and rumors didn't travel around the school every 5 seconds.
Do you know what? I really hate rumors too! After play tryouts there were a billion rumors going around about who got the leads, how many people she was taking, why she wasn't taking certain people. It was driving me crazy! I would hear things like Mrs. Loureiro had told all of the leads that they had received the part, and that if she hadn't talked to you then you are nothing. Someone told me that there were only going to be 8 girls total and not extras or towns people. Everyone was so stressed out over the play I was really going insane. I was so sad about some of the people who didn't make it. There were a couple of people who really should have made the play. They have a great voice, amazing acting ability, and the looks. I have no idea how she could have not chosen them! I can't believe that they didn't make it, when they deserve it a lot more than me, or half of the other people who made it.
Wow, this blog is really random and doesn't exactly talk about one specific thing. Oh well, it works.
Saturday, December 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I guess that means you made the play then. Congrats. What's your part?
I never understood clicks either. I think it may have something to do with how comfortable people feel with others an with their images that people have of themselves. People in clicks are usually trying to impress the others in the clicks, and adjust their behavior that way. By the way, Lizzy is a bride.
I agree whole-heartedly. First on the part where if people are secure they don't brag, and second about the clicks part. It's completely pointless and just lessens your ability to contact and network with people that you might have wished you had networked with when you're older. What's the point of being in this little enclosed space talking to only people you feel comfortable with when in the real world we'll have to be talking and networking with people we don't even know.
Post a Comment