Wednesday, January 25, 2006

What kind of person are you?

After reading Mr. T's blog I thought about what is really important in life. It is not important to be the lead in the musical, it is not importnat to be the smartest, the prettiest, or the best. What is important is if you touched someone's life. If you changed someone for the better. Think how much you could do if you only thought less about yourself and more about others. If we all did acts of service because we wanted to and not for the thanks we would receive we might make a difference. If we could all love a little more, frown a little less, and say something kind to someone in need, think of what an amazing beautiful place this world would be.

Because I was born, was the world a happier place? Did I make someone smile? Or did I make someone cry by laughing at their dress as I passed them in a hall? Did I make or lose a friend today? Wouldn't it be wonderful if you were the person in school who was known as the true friend. If you were kind to everybody not only the pretty or smart ones. I have noticed that if someone is feeling insecure about themselves one way they make themselves feel better is by making someone else feel bad. Isn't it sad. I know people who have must be mean to at least one person at all times. They are always mean to someone. I don't really like to be around these people, even if they are being nice to me. Then again, there are those people who you absolutely love to be around.

I don't know what it is about this kind of person, but everybody loves them. Is it their sence of humor? Is it the way they treat you? Maybe it is their humility, their love of life, or their smiling face. These people don't create drama and they do not put you or others down. From my point of view my family is this way. I love being around my brothers and sisters. When ever I see their car parked outside our house when I am coming home I always feel happier. They know how to make me laugh, and they always put me in a good mood. When I am sad I call my sisters. When something exciting happens I'll write them an email telling them about it. I wish I could be like these people. It is so hard to always be kind when you are jelous, annoyed, or angry. I am not saying that people who are like this always are like that, I am sure that they are not. But they still are a joy and pleasure to be around.

1 comment:

Kanien said...

Thanks Lizzy! I always knew you liked me. :) We need to get together sometime soon! I miss ya.
love your favorite Sister in law,well your only sister in law!
Kanien