Saturday, June 10, 2006

EFY!

I just got back from EFY, and I had a blast!!! EFY was so much fun you don't even know! At the most I got about... 6 hours of sleep a night. Twice I went to bed at later than 1:00 am, and I woke up everyday at 6:00 every morning since you have to stand in line for the shower. This is a picture of some of the girls in my group.
This is my counselor Jen. She is so awesome and fun! Unlike the other counselors Jen would let us stay up later and she would talk to us. She told us tons of funny stories like "worst date ever, most embarrassing moment, and first kiss." They were all hilarous! Jen also did all of the girsl hair in our group for the last dance. She is so awesome, and I know I am going to miss her!
This is a picture of our group during the cheer-off. At EFY every group does a cheer-off and they have a contest to decided which cheer is the best. First we do the cheer for the BC's then if we make it to the finals we do it for all of EFY. We didn't even have a cheer until about 30 minutes before we had to do it. Then this girl had a great idea and that is what we did. Our name is hidden treasure and this is what our cheer was.
boys: before we came to EFY we used to steal and plunder.
girls: The way that things were going we thought they'd go down under.
boys: But then we came to EFY we tried it for outselves.
girls: And now we know for sure that they won't go to ......
Everyone: olay, olay, olay,olay, olay, olay,olay, olay, olay,olay, olay, olay,olay, olay, olay,
We would sing the olay song. The boys were in the middle of the circle with the girls around them. When it was their turn we would bend down. When it was our turn they would bend down. Then when we got to the olay part we would dance around, which is what I am doing here. The we would all go into the middle and yell "HIDDEN TREASURE!" Oh yeah, when we are entering we get into the formation of a boat and row in. Our cheer ROCKED! We totally got first place!

This is a picture of the girls in my group on our floor on pizza night. We ordered this huge pizza from american pie. I think the pizza was 26 inches. It was huge! We had ten people and we couldn't even finish it.
This is a picture of all the boys in our group. We had twice as many girls as we did boys so they were scarce. At first I didn't like the boys because I thought they were weird. Two of the kids were total skaters! It made me laugh! On the day that we were supposed to wear the shirts the skaters didn't. I thought they were just trying to be rebelious, but they just forgot and they felt really, really, dumb! After awhile though everybody becomes friends and it is awesome. I think that we had the best boys in our group becaue they were kind and considerate. Also they didn't think they were too cool to cry and actually show some emotion.
The is a picute of my friend Whitney Hoops and I. Whittney is so awesome! She is Funny! She lives in Provo and we are the same age. Out of everyone I got the closest to whit. We always did crazy things together! We were doing a service project and the BC's came in and dumped a bunch of scissors on the ground, so we were playing around with them when I said, "Do not run with siciors or hold them with the tip out." I said it in this total teacher voice it was funny. We decided to make a movie of what not to do with scissors. We ran around screaming and pretentending to stab each other. It was pretty stupid, but we had fun! Later that day one of the BCs told us that the counselors had, had a contest to see who could bring the scissors to their group the fastest. The result was bloddy hands and arms. Seriously they had battle wounds! It was so funny.
This is a picture of all of hte girls in our group. They were so awesome, and we all became so close this week. It is crazy how you can make friends so fast. It was only a week, but all of us are such good friends. EFY was great! Not only the fun part, but mostly the spiritual part. That part is the best. I love you all, and I hope you have a fabulous summer!

7 comments:

Caroline said...

I'm glad you had a blast Lizzy! I always loved EFY. You're cheer is giving me inspiration for our skit at girls camp.

Laurissa said...

I'm so glad you got to go. EFY is so awesome! It sounds like it was a great time!

Miriam said...

I love EFY too! I am glad you had a fun time, when you called me the first night I told you it would get better, but I was really hoping I was right. It was a blast to see you on Thursday! Love ya!

Jon said...

When I went to EFY, it was the first time I'd ever talked to a girl. It was a great experience.

Spencer Wallin said...

Lizzy! looks like you had a freakin sweet time. (I hope mom doesn't get mad I said that) so are there any boys that you're going to keep writing?

Katherine and Rick said...

Spencer,watch your language!

Katherine and Rick said...

lizzy,it sounds like you had a great time. You are such a natural leader. Thanks for being good.