First of all everyone should know that This blog would have been updated a lot sooner if mom and dad hadn't kicked me off when I was trying to update it last week. I got back from cross country camp last friday and I had so much fun there! It was in the uinitas at marsh lake. It was in the Unitias because of the higher alttitude. I was really nervous about going because the two weeks before camp I hadn't done my best running wise. This picture is of my coach talley finding the spare tire when out tire broke down about 10 miles from the campsite. The lady whose car we were in didn't have any idea where her spare was. It was actually under the car and you had to crank it off.
This picture is of Natalie Haws. She is the craziest person I know!

This is a picture of Natalie and I at the top of red castle. We ran/ hiked that on wednesday. It is a 23.2 mile hike round trip and it was fun! We would run for 5 minutes then hike for five minutes. That was pretty hard. We didn't do much running on the way back. We only ran 4 or 5 times (on the way back.)
This is a picture of some people playing games. When we weren't running, eating or sleeping we were playing games. I was pretty good at mafia and scum. I was terrible at apples to apples! We had been playing for an hour and nobody had picked my card, so I cheated and put in five good cards, but still nobody picked it.
This is natalie and candace they are so funny! I was in their tent and both of them would never fall asleep!
This is a picture of Jami Dixon and I. She was also in my tent. I slept right next to her and one night she completely rolled over on me and squished me against the tent wall. I woke her up and asked her to move she did a little bit, but she didn't realize that she was complete off her mat and on mine. After trying to sleep on a third of my mat I woke her up again and then she rolled over a lot and ran into the girl on her other side. It was so funny!
This is natalie, candace and I right before we cleaned up on the last day. We were all sad to leave, but a shower sounded so nice! We were also looking forward to flushig toliets since we had one outhouse for the whole team. It smelled pretty bad.I should probably tell you about the camp. Everyday we were awaken to coach buhrley's voice yelling, "wake up ladies sale at Nordstroms." Or something like that. Then we would lay there and try to get out of our sleeping bags. When we finally did we had to go to our "stuff" tent and seach through out bags and find some dry running shorts and a T-shirt. It rained quite a bit there so a lot of everyone's stuff got really wet. (t reminded me of a certain backpacking trip I once went on.) Then we would all gather around the fire until everyone was ready to go.
I have to finish this later becuase mom is telling me that I have to go and clean my room

4 comments:
Great pictures Lizzy. Cross country girls always take such crazy pictures. I'm glad you went and survived. You're so much more motivated than I ever was. I love the Red Castle Area. I went there one year with Dad, Miriam, and Spencer. We ran into a lot of sheep at the top. Good luck getting ready for school to start!
It sounds like you had fun. Did you do any fishing?
Lizzy,
I'm glad you had fun and got some running in too. I love the kind of people who run, they're always awesome. I hope your room's clean now so you can finish this post.
Caroline,
You may not have been motivated to run, but I remember a backpacking trip where you would say, "I'm going to climb to the top of that mountain," and an hour later you'd be waving from the top. Then you did it about five more times!
I'm so glad that you went to cross country camp! Trips with cross country were always some of my favorite! It sounded like fun! It's too bad I couldn't be the camp cook!
Post a Comment