Saturday, September 24, 2005

Il mio babbo era supercool!!!

Pronto! Io sono la lucertolina piccola. Oggi abbiamo un Guest Blogger....mio fratello Jon Wallin. Lui voleva scrivere questa prima frase.

That first senctence my brother wrote. It is Italian. Try and figure out what It means.

In the summer my family always go backpacking. We hike about 7 to 10 miles to a lake in the Wind River mountains or a similar place. This means about 5 hours of just walking,walking,walking. Whenever we do this I get incredibly board, so I ask my dad to tell me stories. Sometimes I will give him a subject like, the scarest thing you have ever done, the most trouble you have ever got in, ect. My favorite thing to hear about is how crazy he was in high school. My dad was the coolest guy ever! He owes most of this to his best friend Dave. I have never met Dave even though I know a ton about him. He is the coolest, luckiest, weird guy I have ever not known.

When my dad tells me stories it sounds like Dave came up with all of the ideas and my dad just did it with him. One of the coolest things about Dave and my dad is they Never got caught. Not once did they get into trouble. One story my Dad tells me a lot is their closest call to getting caught. First you have to know about the system his school had back in the 60's of keeping kids from cutting school. It was the card system. Blue cards were the most important. If you missed any school, the next day you would take the blue card to all your classes along with a note from your parents stating why you were absent. Then each teacher would sign the blue card. At the end of the day you 7th period teacher would collect all of the cards and put them on the black board. A girl from the office would come around and collect them during 7th period. Complecated, I know.

Well One day Dave and My dad decided to go golfing during math 7th period. Math was an easy class for them to ditch because the teacher never collect the blue cards. They waited until almost everyone had to class and then they started to leave. Unluckily their math teacher was walking down the hall late to class. "Where are you gentlemen going?" "Oh" Dave replied cooly "I have a dentist appointment. See I have a pink card" This pink card (that Dave had forged) was to excuse him from class. "I'm giving him a ride, he doesn't have a car." my dad quickly replied. "O.K. boys, have a good time" said their teacher with a smirk on his face. They went and golfed had a great time. The next day My dad took some spare blue cards(which you are only supposed to be able to get when you are absent) and told Dave to forge them just in case their teacher asked for them. They weren't worried he hadn't collected any cards all year. It was a good thing they had the blue cards because at the begining of class." I believe you too gentelmen were gone yesterday. Do you have my blue cards" "Yes we have them right here sir." He put them on the board for the girl to come and get them. I wish I could have seen them sweating in their seats. They thought they were dead! Lying, sluffing, and forging blue cards. They waited and waited, but the girls never came to collect the blue cards. The girl stopped coming because Their teacher never put the cards up. They didn't even get in trouble. Even thought that is not a really bad thing that they did, That was the closest they ever got to getting caught.

My dad did a ton of way cooler stuff I just don't have time to tell it all. Once they tied the seminary doors shut. Turning peoples pee green with some chemical they learned about in chemistry, and other awesome stuff. This will be continued next week.

1 comment:

westsidesnowboarder said...

Good job on your blog. Your dad sounds pretty funny and so does his friend.