Wednesday, November 09, 2005

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!!

I love Christmas!!! It really is the most wonderful time of the year! I am so excited for SNOW! It is going to snow a ton this season. I am so excited! Some may say that it is not the most wonderful time of the year; they may say that this is just my opinion. I am here to tell you that it is not just my opinion; it really is the most wonderful time of the year!

A lot of you might be thinking that it is way too early to start being excited for Christmas. Well, my theory is that the sooner you start planning and thinking about Christmas the longer it lasts. All I listen to on the radio these days is cozy 106.5. This station plays all Christmas music, all the time, with more songs and less talk. I am going to try to make this the most memorable Christmas ever! When you ask people what their most memorable Christmas is, nobody will ever tell you it was when they got exactly what they wanted, or when everything went perfect.

My dad's most memorable Christmas was the first year my mom and him moved into our house. It was 19 years ago and they were dirt poor, due to the fact that my dad has recently finished medical school and built this house. My parents had five children under the age of ten at the time, so they could not afford an expensive Christmas, or a real Christmas at all for that matter. When I asked my dad what their budget was for Christmas, he replied saying, "What budget? We had no money." My mom and dad did what they could, but it wasn't much. A few days before Christmas Eve, One of my Dad's nurses brought a big bag full of toys. She said that she was just going to take these to the DI, but then she thought that my dad might want some of them. All of the toys were in good condition, and a lot of them hadn't even been opened. This is what my siblings got for Christmas. If my dad's nurse would not have done this then, they would not have had a Christmas with presents. It just goes to show that little things like giving a bag full of toys to someone can do.

Two years ago my mom's sister and her 6 children were living with us. We had 14 people living in our house, most of them little kids. My aunt had a new born baby and 5 other children. I remember one night a little before Christmas when we were all sitting at home and the doorbell rang. We ran to the door, and on the porch there were two big black bags full of Christmas presents. We ran outside to see who had dropped this off. All we saw was a white car speeding off our street. My cousins were so excited! They couldn't believe that people would just give away all of these presents. Then the exact same thing happened a few days later. A bunch of presents were dropped on our doorstep, with a card to our cousins saying "Merry Christmas and we love you!" About a week later another big black bag of presents was dropped off. It is so amazing what a spirit of giving there is around Christmas time. Three different families gave my cousins a Christmas.

4 comments:

Caroline said...

I love Christmas too. But I do think we start celebrating it a little too early. If we celebrated it all year round, then it wouldn't be special. Just the other day I was at Sam's Club with my sister and we saw that they already had their Spring line of clothing out. I think we're getting a little ahead of ourselves.

That is wonderful that so many people were generous with their giving. I hope I can be that kind of person too. What are you giving for Christmas this year?

Gregory said...

How do you know it is going to snow a ton this Christmas? Have you ever tried to snort snow?

westsidesnowboarder said...

I agree with you. It is a lot funner when you start it early. My sis turns on 106.5 all over the house. I prefer the Christmas spirit over the presents any day(even though I don't mind getting them!). I love having snowball fights, snowboarding, skiing, sledding, and all that fun stuff.
Great job on your blog.

Lizzy said...

Greg,
I know that it is going to snow a ton this Christmas b/c I can feel it. I have not tried to snow snort. You should show me how to someday.
Westsidesnowboarder,
I am way excited for all of the snowball fights, sledding, skiing, and other awesome snow stuff too. We should have a snow ball fight! It would be way fun.