Saturday, March 11, 2006

"The way you wear your hat!"

(just a note before you read this blog, the first three paragraphs are me trying to figure out what to write. "The Way You Wear Your Hat" is a line of the song I am listening to right now. My blog was inspired by Ashley's blog.)

I don't feel like writing a blog right now, but I have to. I am going to try not to do homework on Sundays any more because a load of homework over my head every Sunday really is lame. Now,........ what to write about......... I could make this into a complaining blog, but after reading Brittany's blog I can't. I could tell a story, (that is the easy way out.) I could start listening to really good music so I feel like writing, or I could keep stalling like I am now. Let me see I am going to go look at Mr. T's blog to see if he as posted lately. His blogs always give me something to write about.

DANG! He hasn't posted since February 28th (not including beatty's lecture.) Not that I'm one to talk. Actually I did write a blog last week but I didn't post it. I was in a really weird mood when I wrote the blog, and I decided to sleep on the blog before I posted it. Well, I did and then I decided not to post it. The blog was really, really random and weird! So now I have two blogs to do. Yeah!

O.K. I am going to try listening to some music. Let's see..... Weezer, "take my breath away" nope! That is just weird! Time to change. Now I am listening to Wicked, "loathing." That didn't work. Now the choice is "The way you are" by Louis Armstrong. Alright I am going to actually start writing something now! No more stalling. I went and read Ashley's blog and it gave me an idea.

Responsibility

Why is it that some people have no personal responsibility? After reading Ashley's blog I thought about how much responsibility she has being the oldest out of eight children. I bet her mom and dad expect a lot out of her. I think that being the oldest would be hard. You are the first child your parent have ever raised. I have a friend who is the oldest and her parents are VERY, VERY, VERY, strict! I know that I wouldn't be able to take it if my parents were that strict! Even though I know that my friend hates it she rarely complains! Instead of being angry and hating her parents for not letting her do a lot of stuff she says, "they are so awesome! They just don't know how strick they are." That is a good attitude! I am not saying that my friend's parents are not totally awesome because they are! They are amazing parents and my friend has some of the best values and morals of anyone I have ever met. This friend I am talking about IS responsible! You can trust her with anything. If you are working on a project in school with her you know that she will put everything she has into it. Maybe the reason she if responsible is because she has learned responsibility through the work she must do at home.

It is important to be responsible! You have to be responsible while you are young because if you don't know how to be responsible now how do you expect to be responsible when you grow up? You can't go through life expecting other people to take care of you and solve your problems for you! You have to be the kind of person who is able to get things done! We can all start now by doing our homework and being prepared. In my drama class I am surprised how unprepared a lot of the students are! Every other friday we have to memorize a poem and recite it for the class. Usually more than half of the class doesn't know what they are doing. They stand up and say, " umm....... my poem is called.......umm how do you say it?" They can't even pronounce the title of the poem! It is pretty sad! First of all the people who do this look and sound DUMB! They are embarrassed, and they don' t realize how stupid they sound. Being unprepared and having enough responsibilty to do an assignment will ruin their reputation. People are always saying that your actions now will come back to you later. They are probably right. Maybe in ten years we will walk into a job interview and the person sitting behind the desk is "that one kid" from your drama class in high school. What is the interviewer going to think? Is he going to remember you as the kid who never did anything or the student who was always prepared. I don't know if this would really happen. Most likely it wouldn't, but it is true that if you are a hard worker now it will pay off.

1 comment:

Katherine and Rick said...

Wow, Lizzy, you are so respinsible, you are amazing. We love you.